Irish scone bread
Top tip: If you have milk that’s just turned sour you can make Irish scone bread! It’s so easy and delicious with butter and homemade jam!
- 450g plain white flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 400ml sour milk
- Turn the oven to 200c
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl
- Make a well in the middle and pour in the sour milk bit by bit, very slowly and covering it each time – try to work the dough as little as possible
- Once it’s come together, put it on a lightly floured baking tray and work it so it’s round. Score a deep cross in the top
- Put it in the oven for half an hour
- Take it out the oven and turn it upside down, knock on the bottom and if it’s hollow it’s ready!