Skip navigation
Recycling Where I Live
BusinessWaste tab image
Freeuse website link
Leicestershire Waste Partnership
Home Page > Recycling > Hinckley & Bosworth

Location map of Hinckley & Bosworth in LeicestershireHinckley & Bosworth Borough

This page details the recycling and composting services available to residents living in Hinckley & Bosworth Borough. If you are unsure of which district or borough you live in, please use the interactive map on our home page.

What's Collected at the Kerbside?

Container Yes pleaseNo thanks
Photo of plastic bottles and food cans

Glass, plastic cans and cartons (240 ltr blue lidded wheeled bin)

  • Glass bottles and jars
  • Plastic bottles and yoghurt pots
  • Plastic ice cream containers and margarine tubs
  • Plastic food trays
  • Plastic bottle tops and caps
  • Plastic household packaging such as CD cases
  • Drinks cans and food tins (must be clean)
  • Empty aerosols (must be empty)
  • Foil containers
  • Cartons
  • Pyrex
  • Light bulbs
  • Polystyrene
  • Bubble wrap
  • Large plastic items such as toys
  • Plastic film
  • Plant pots / seed trays
  • Plastic bags and carrier bags
  • Video casette tapes
Photo of paper and cardPaper and card (55ltr caddy that fits inside your blue bin)
  • Newspapers, magazines and junk mail
  • Catalogues, Yellow Pages and directories
  • Paper
  • Envelopes, both plain and window type
  • All types of card including corrugated (please flatten large pieces and place under the bag on the collection day)
  • Cartons (e.g. Tetra Pak). Place these in your blue box/bag/bin

Photo of some textilesTextiles bag (red bag)
  • Clothes
  • Shoes (in pairs)
  • Household linens (e.g. duvet covers and pillowcases)
  • Towels and tea towels
  • Curtains
  • Handbags and belts
  • Pillows
  • Duvet

Photo of batteriesBatteries bag (Own carrier bag left next to recycling containers) 
  • Small household batteries
  • Watch batteries
  • Mobile phone batteries
  • Vehicle batteries

Photo of some garden wasteGarden waste bin (240ltr brown wheelie bin) 
  • Grass cuttings, flowers and plants
  • Hedge clippings and leaves
  • Bark, twigs, small branches and weeds
  • Soil, old compost and turf
  • Japanese Knotweed
  • Slabs, stones or garden rubble
  • Treated wood (fence posts/pannels etc)
  • Garden tools and plant pots
  • Garden chemicals
  • Animal bedding or waste
  • Food waste - including fruit and vegetable peelings

Picture of a wheelie bin

Rubbish (size relates to number of permanent occupants) 
  • What you cannot recycle

Hinckley&Bosworth Borough Council
Phone: 01455 238141
Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council website
Logo of Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council

For more information on kerbside services, please visit Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council website. Here, you can find out about:

Where's my Nearest Recycling Site?

There are lots of bring-banks located across the district. If you need to know where the nearest site is to you, contact Blaby District Council using the details below, or visit and make use of their postcode search.

Where's my Nearest Recycling & Household Waste Site?

Leicestershire County Council
Phone: (0116) 305 0001
Leicestershire County Council website
Logo of Leicestershire County Council

There are 14 Recycling & Household Waste Sites (RHWS) across the county. Often known as 'the tip' or simply as a 'CA Site', the RHWS now provide much more than somewhere to dump unwanted waste. Sites are able to take a wide range of materials, much of which are recycled or composted. The site in Hinckley & Bosworth Borough is:

Sites in neighbouring districts include:

For more information on the sites and the materials accepted, please visit the County Council website.

Need a Waste Permit?

The RHWS are provided by Leicestershire County Council for the household waste of Leicestershire residents. Trade waste is subject to a charge for disposal and can only be taken to the Whetstone site.

Leicestershire, like many other counties, runs a permit system to ensure that only household waste is taken to the sites for free. Residents are welcome to take waste and recycling to any of the sites in a car, but if you decide to use a van or trailer over 4'6" in length, you'll need to apply for a permit. For more information, please visit the County Council website.