Upcycle your life – Fearon Hall
September 22, 2018 - 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Meet local food producers and enjoy a delicious brunch or lunch, along with Co-op Fairtrade tea and coffee and locally-sourced produce from the Transition and Shelthorpe allotments.
Find out about and sample the food you can forage for free this autumn (followed by foraging tours on the hour from The Boat Inn from 2pm-4pm) Discover where else you can get food for free locally too, whether you’re an individual or a charitable group. If you can afford to eat, bring a food box for someone who can’t.
- Enjoy a delicious locally sourced three course feast from Utilise Café, with food provided by the Co-op, Fareshare, Tesco, Greggs and more, and support provided by Loughborough Catering College (TBC) Pay it forward by buying a meal for someone in need for a future ‘Pay It Forward’ feast
- Press your own apple juice.
- Sample Co-op Fairtrade wine and locally produced spirits.
- Jam making competition – bring 3 jars to enter. One will be judged, one will go into a prize hamper, one will be donated to a food poverty organisation.
- Stalls from Transition Loughborough, GrowEatGift.com, LAGs, Leics Wastenot, Leicestershire Community cupboard, Charnwood Chai, Love Food, Hate Waste, Fruit Routes, Plastic Pledge and local food producers (final list TBC)