Compost training – introductory session
March 13, 2019
Master Composter Rod Weston is organising introductory compost training classes at the compost demonstration site at Stokes Wood Allotments in Leicester.
The introductory sessions are designed to help participants develop a complete composting skill set. The following topics are covered:
- The environmental benefits of composting and the role of composting in reducing the amount of waste sent to landfill
- The benefits of composting in building healthy soil
- The main methods and techniques of composting available to the home, allotment and small-scale community composters.
- A review of the different types and styles of compost bins available.
- The stages in microbiological decomposition of organic material during composting
- “Greens and Browns” getting the right mix of materials for effective composting
- Compost bin “first aid”. Measures to be taken if things go wrong
- Harvesting and using compost
To find out more and to book a place please visit: http://www.carryoncomposting.com/443725783